- You are a citizen or legal resident of the destination country.
- You have a valid ticket departing the destination country within the maximum stay for tourists. (usually 30-90 days)
Most airlines will check the requirements of the destination country at check-in and ask you for your ongoing ticket or proof of residency. If you cannot provide one or the other they will deny boarding and you will end up losing the value of your ticket!
- One way tickets from Central/South America back to the US/Canada bought in country are very expensive. The cost of 2 one-way tickets usually ends up being 2-3 X higher than the cost of a round trip.
- Tickets to other countries within Central/South America are very expensive if bought locally. eXito has access to air-passes and special tourist fares that must be purchased prior to departing your home country.
- Open Jaw: Fly into one country and return from another. This gives you the benefit of round trip fares (averaged between country 1 and country 2), and allows you the flexibility of figuring out how to get from one country to another on your own.
- Multi-Stop/Air Passes: eXito has great rates on one-way flights (purchased as part of your entire trip in conjunction with your international flights) within Latin America on Carriers like TACA, LACSA, Avianca, and LAN. Let us book your entire journey to Latin America before you leave saving you lots of money (link to multi-stop form here)